Hello everyone! Let’s jump start this week with a first impression review on CosRx Top 3 Best Sellers. CosRx (Cosmetic + Rx) is a cult-fave Korean skincare brand which is best known for its state-of-the-art innovation in integrating high-quality natural ingredients with the most optimal scientific research and in creating effective skincare products for all skin types. With its HG status, it comes as no surprise that CosRx is raved and recognized by the global skincare community.
But for those like me who haven’t tried anything from Cosrx yet and are still on the fence about purchasing from this brand, this post is for you! Join me as I test out samples of their cleanser and power liquids to see if these products make a good first impression.
I received this sample set as freebies when I ordered from BeautyMNL a few months ago. I tested these samples over the weekend. Here’s what I think about each of them.
CosRx Good Morning Gel Cleanser
- It comes in gel form and has a slightly thick consistency. It glides easily on the face and lathers up nicely.
- It has an herbal aroma to it, close to the scent of tea tree. At first, I expected the scent to be overpowering because that’s what most reviews claim, but I actually found the scent very calming and soothing. I prefer this over heavily-fragranced cleansers.
- It leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth, definitely far from that irritating squeaky-clean feeling.
- Ratings: A stellar five out of 5 stars!
CosRx AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid
- It comes in a clear watery form and has a very slippery texture which makes it easy to spread on the face.
- It has a strong chemical odor, so much like a burning rubber. Thankfully, the scent doesn’t linger for too long.
- Upon application, the liquid feels slightly sticky on the face but just after a few minutes, it dries down completely.
- Ratings: 4.5 out of 5 stars
CosRx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid
- It comes in a clear, watery form and has a very slippery texture too, almost similar to the AHA 7 Power Liquid.
- I find this product odorless, although some reviews say that it has a slight chemical odor. I tried smelling the hell out of it but couldn’t detect any scent at all.
- Just like the AHA 7 Power Liquid, this has a slightly sticky feeling on the face upon application but the sticky sensation goes away soon enough. BHAs are known to be very drying on the skin, but I didn’t experience any dryness at all with the CosRx Blackhead Power Liquid.
- Ratings: 5 out of 5 stars
We have come to the end of our first impression review. Here are my final thoughts about these CosRx products.
5 out of 5 stars
What I like:
I have yet to use them for a longer period of time to see maximum results but I am already in love with how moisturizing the gel cleanser is, and how lightweight and non-drying the power liquids are.
What I don’t like:
Aside from the strong scent of the AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid, there’s nothing more that I dislike about these CosRx products.
Will I repurchase?
Yes, most especially the Good Morning Gel Cleanser and the BHA Blackhead Power Liquid.
Will I recommend?
Yes! I recommend CosRx to everyone (all skin types), most especially those with acne-prone skin. I also recommend this brand to those who are looking for ways to up their skincare game. The hype is real, you guys.
I am not paid or compensated to write this review.
All opinions expressed in this post are my own.
All items featured in this post are purchased through my own means.
That is all for today’s blog post.
See you again in the next one.
Thank you for dropping by! 💕